Do you find yourself feeling that you’ve reached the point of physical exhaustion? Are you increasingly irritable; agitated by things that never bothered you before? Are you emotionally drained and feel that you have no more left to give?
If so, you’re not alone. There are currently an estimated 53 million caregivers in the United States, of which 66% are caring for an aging loved one 65 or older. As fulfilling as it can be to meet the needs of someone you love and who has cared for you at some point in your life, it can be easy to neglect taking care of yourself and reach the point of “caregiver burnout.”
Fortunately, respite care can alleviate some of the symptoms of caregiver burnout by giving you a break and providing day or overnight care for your loved one, whether it be for a few hours a day or a few days a week.
Respite Care Services in Pasadena, California
One of the beautiful things about respite care is how you can tell your home care agency what type of help you’re looking for, and they can customize your care to meet your specific needs. Home care agencies, like New Wave Home Care, offer you a range of services, including:
- Companionship and Supervision – If your loved one can still take care of themselves, but you’d still like someone to be there with them when you can’t, a caregiver can give you peace of mind knowing that your family member is not alone and they are in the capable hands of a professional caregiver.
- Activities of Daily Living – Some seniors need someone to help them with the daily tasks that must be attended to, such as bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, etc. Respite care assists your loved one with these tasks as they go through their day.
- Household Tasks – Sometimes aging adults need help with basic household tasks like light cleaning, grocery shopping, and laundry. Almost all respite care providers will perform these tasks.
- Transportation – Some respite care workers can provide transportation for your loved one to run errands or get to appointments.
- Meals – Meal preparation and helping your loved one eat are part of the care your home care aide will provide for you.
- Personal Attention – Respite care aides will provide your loved one with individual attention and focus entirely on their needs.
You’ll find respite care to be highly flexible since it can be used on an as-needed basis. You don’t need to wait until you get to the point of exhaustion physically, mentally, or emotionally. You don’t have to go it alone.
Let New Wave Home Care Help!
New Wave Home Care provides a full range of services to families living in Pasadena, California, including respite care. Contact us today and tell us how we can help. We’re here for you 24/7/365 and will provide you with the compassionate care you want for your loved one. We serve the greater Pasadena area; call us at (626) 662-7704 to schedule a free in-home consultation.