In Home Care Services, Free Fall Prevention, and Home Safety Checks in the Pasadena area.
Few realize that falls are a leading cause of death and injury for those ages 65 and older. That’s why New Wave Home Care offers in home care services in Pasadena, CA that feature free fall prevention and home safety checks that include:
- A review of the client’s medical history and medications
- An assessment of each client’s gait and balance
- Suggestions for removing fall hazards in each room of the home
- Recommendations on home safety devices such as handrails and shower chairs
Sometimes we forget that seniors can face physical and cognitive dangers that can lead to serious accidents and falls at home. Luckily, nearly all falls can be prevented. That’s why our in home care services feature a complimentary home safety assessment. We will evaluate and make recommendations for fixing common issues that lead to falls, such as:
- Loose floor coverings
- Obstructed traffic areas
- Inadequate lighting
- Lack of grab bars for the tub, shower and toilet
- Loose cords and wires
We know how great the risk is, which is precisely why our caregivers are trained to safeguard against the risks of falling. From moving poorly-placed items to keeping rooms well lit and helping seniors sit up or get in bed, our at-home caregivers are vigilant about keeping our seniors safely on their feet.