Hospice support services come to mind when we think of providing additional help to our elderly in the household. However, as much as we want help to arrive immediately, we still have to consider a lot of factors to make sure we only provide the best care for our elderly at home. Before you call for companion hospice Pasadena services, please take the time to read some of the most important factors to consider when deciding to avail of such services.
What is Hospice Care?
It can help to know what hospice care is before we decide to avail hospice support services for our loved ones. Hospice care is a special kind of care provided to patients when it’s not possible to cure an illness or if they have chosen not to avail of certain treatment plans.
Whereas palliative care provides both care and comfort while patients undergo treatment, hospice care gives comfort to patients but isn’t aimed towards curing their disease. Depending on the care provider, hospice care is usually conducted with a team of specialists to provide the emotional and medical support needed by the patient. Care and comfort with hospice care include helping out with daily tasks, maintaining hygiene and nutrition, and even providing companionship.
When Should We Seek In-home Hospice Support?
Due to the nature of hospice support, some of us might think we can only avail hospice care in the final weeks or days of our loved ones’ lives. However, we may actually be able to provide our loved ones with more specialized care and comfort if we avail in-home hospice support much earlier. Here are factors to consider if we should avail in-home hospice support for our loved ones:
- We should consider calling for hospice care if our loved ones are having hospital admissions or visits to the emergency room.
- We should consider getting additional help if we see our loved ones having difficulty in tasks such as walking and eating, using the restroom, or even personal hygiene.
- We should consider calling hospice if our loved ones are experiencing changes in their mental faculties.
- We should consider getting hospice care if our loved ones experience injuries while doing daily tasks. These include difficulty maintaining balance and even falling.
- We should consider getting hospice if our loved ones experience gradual weight loss or other indicators that their health is deteriorating – such as infections and skin tears.
If we’re unsure whether our loved one should get in-home hospice care, we should also consult their attending physician for medical advice. Normally, we’re allowed to stop hospice support should our loved ones agree to try treatments to their condition instead of hospice support. We can still avail hospice care at any time should their condition worsen.
Specialized Hospice Service for Comfort, Care
Home is where the heart is. We feel safer at home, and we feel safest when we’re with our families. For anyone with a terminal illness or a serious condition, having family with them can bring them relief and strength despite their challenges. And our team at New Wave Home Care understands this feeling – and as such, our 24-hour in-home hospice support services can give your family members the best in care without having ever to leave the house.
We know that hospice care can be much more bearable when it’s done in a familiar environment. When our family members are at home with their loved ones, hospice care can become easier to manage for them. Our specialized hospice service in your homes allows you to help your family members spend more time with you and their friends, eat their favorite food, or even spend time with their beloved pets.
Our caregivers are also trained and equipped with the skills to help your family members deal with the many things they have to do everyday without sacrificing their independence and dignity. Amongst our specialized services include:
- Providing hygiene help, such as bathing and dressing, as well as skincare.
- Doing chores, such as preparing meals and doing laundry.
- Constant companionship, where our caregivers will go beyond “being a service provider,” and instead provide the warmth and care of a friend.
- Constant communication, where our caregivers always notify the family or hospice care team of anything that needs their immediate attention.
When we provide services for companion hospice in Pasadena, we make sure we provide a familiar and comforting environment for you and your family. That way, we’re all in a position to help our family members should they experience emotional and physical distress due to their conditions. We can also provide vital non-medical services to help ease the burden on our family members, such as:
- Family support and respite, so you and your other family members can focus on providing our clients with love and support.
- Transfers, should they need to be taken to different places.
- Personal care and companionship, so they will never feel alone throughout their everyday lives.
We bring care right on your doorstep
Our doors are always open for your concerns. And we want to make sure you have all the means to talk with us should you want to clarify anything about our services. If you have questions you’d like us to answer, please feel free to use our online chatbot and voice assistant. You may also reach us through our Contact Us page, where you can schedule a free consultation. Your care is our first priority, and your comfort is something we always ensure to provide.